Friday, January 17, 2014

Batting Invasion!



This is what greeted me when I answered the doorbell today!


This is a 30-yard roll of Hobbs 80/20 batting that I ordered from Linda's Electric Quilters.  I wish I had gone this route years ago!  I have so many scraps of so many different types of batting taking up space in my closet and storeroom; this should help to eliminate some of that waste and nuisance.  I plan to use this particular batting for both machine and hand-quilted quilts from now on, and I plan to piece together any scraps to minimize any waste.  (In the meantime, I'm working at piecing together my current batting scraps for future quilts.) I chose the bleached batting so it would work with both white as well as darker quilts. 

(By the way, as much as I would love to replace my outdated kitchen floor, it works perfectly as a "cutting table" - I can easily square up a quilt or lay fabric and batting out to cut, using the grids as a guide.  And, it's absolutely perfect for basting a quilt!)


Now the dilemma - where in the world am I going to store this baby?!  I'd like to keep it on the main floor of my house since I always baste my quilts on the kitchen floor, but I don't know where to go with it.  It's weighs way more than it looks like it would, so for now it's sitting in the living room.  Guess I need to  finish a bunch of quilts to get it down to a manageable size!


No comments:

Post a Comment