Sunday, April 24, 2016

Another Finish!



Spring is here, and I have lots of yard work and garden planting to do.  So what do I do instead?  Stitch the binding on another quilt, of course!



The color aqua does seem to make a frequent appearance in my quilting these days, not to mention my home.  I just can't get enough of it!  Hopefully it won't be as dated of a color as that 80's peach, once my fascination with it wanes!

This is the last of the aqua/red/pink quilts, I believe!  I took the rest of my scraps, cut them into squares, and made half square triangles with them.  






This dear backing fabric by Sarah Jane dictated the size of the quilt..  At 41 x 49", I just squeaked by with one WOF.  In fact, I had to trim the quilt down a bit on the one side so that the selvage print didn't show!  :{





When it came time for the machine quilting, I really wanted to do rows of tall loops like Kathy O. does, but I just couldn't get the hang of them.  After several attempts (and several ripping sessions!), I gave up and settled on a spiral design to give the pinwheels some movement.
 




I always love taking photos of the binding.  :)



(This little chair has served me well when it comes to photographing my quilts!)



I contemplated putting this quilt up for sale, but not sure I can part with it!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment