Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Wrapping Up Quilt Week



I love it when AQS Quilt wWek comes to Lancaster!  I look forward to it all year.  It means that in addition to the events surrounding the show, all fabric stores in the area run sales.  Yay for me! 



I started off at The Lancaster Quilt Show at the Continental Inn on Wednesday.  Although the venue isn't that spectacular, the vendors make up for it. There I purchased an assortment of 30's fat quarters to add to my collection, a few low volume FQ's, a base for my automatic thread cutter, a Clover Tailor's Awl, a Gyspsy Cutting Gizmo, and visited my favorite vendor by far, Ameila's Garden.



On Thursday I headed to the Marriott for the AQS show.  That venue is definitely worth visiting!! 


 I played with the Bernina sit down long arm; it's an impressive machine, but it's way out of my price range and space options for the time being.  So, instead, I bought some thread at the Superior Threads booth for English Paper Piecing, and picked up a set of Hobb's batting samples.  :)



Saturday was Sarah Fielke's Trunk Show at the Eden.  



Very inspiring....




Then, since I ran out of time last week for fabric shopping, I finally made it to Good's and Mook's today.  You can't beat their sale prices - $3.19 and $3.99 per yd!  I found some goodies for my stash.  :)

That's it for Quilt Week this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment