Thursday, December 4, 2014

A Few More Finishes



This top will shortly be on its way to Kathy O.  
I had stalled out on it because it just felt so boring, even though I loved the fabric when I first bought it about 5 years ago.



While I could easily quilt this smallish 56 x 70" quilt top on my domestic machine, I knew its ho-hum design needed some help.  Kathy's amazing freehand stitching will bring it to life.



In exchange, I finished piecing this top for Kathy.  It's so fun stitching/swapping with someone else - you get to try all kinds of fun fabrics and designs!  I love the giant hexagons!
(The fabrics are Color Me Retro by Jeni Baker for Art Gallery Fabrics.)

Can't wait to show you the magic Kathy works on these two tops!

1 comment:

  1. I'm really liking your little "boring" quilt top - it'll be fun to quilt! And I LOVE my hexagons hanging on your door - it looks so cute there! But - your little blue kitchen cupboard - LOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete