Sunday, April 17, 2016

Another Hexie Pin Cushion!



It's a beautiful spring day and I should be outside tackling my yard work to-do list that is a mile long... 



Instead, I couldn't resist stitching one more hexie pin cushion!



This time I added some hand quilting stitches using some #12 perle cotton and #12 Aurifil thread.  
Even though the Aurifil thread is more expensive, I discovered that I like stitching with it so much better than the perle cotton.



Here's a view of the back!



Of course, a sweet vintage button from my collection adds the final touch!



Note:  You can get 5 or 10 gram balls of Presencia perle cotton from Colonial Needle Co.  They have super fast shipping.  It's really worth investing in a color chart if you are looking for specific colors for your project.  
I ordered the Aurifil 12 weight spools from Hawthorne Threads.  Again, an Aurifil thread chart is worth its weight in gold, and the colors apply to all thread weights, including their 50 wt which I use for machine quilting.

Have a Happy Hexie Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment