Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Jen Kingwell-Inspired Applique



I just stitched up this pillow sample for my upcoming Starch & Freezer Paper Method Applique class at The Old Country Store.  



I knew I wanted to cover the basic shapes (circles, hearts, stars, stems and leaves), but was stumped how to incorporate all those shapes into a project someone would actually want to stitch!  



Thankfully Jen Kingwell's work came to mind, so I was able to sketch out a design in her style that included each of those shapes.



This background fabric is so fun - it actually lists lots and lots of quilt shops around the country, 



including some of the quilt shops I visited in Oregon last summer!



I did a simple envelope cover on the back,



and machine stitched the binding to save some time.
(I'm getting better and better at that technique - glue basting is the secret!)



Click here for the link to register for my class on June 29th!


No comments:

Post a Comment