Sunday, September 18, 2016

Scrappy Trip Around the World - The First 25 Photo Shoot



I finished this Scrappy Trip Around the World last month, so I was really grateful for the chance to take pictures of it today at Fort Hunter Day!  My quilt guild sisters were so kind to hang this monstrosity (84x96") on the outside of the Centennial Barn.  It's such a beautiful quilt when viewed from a distance, so I was thankful it could be hung where it could be viewed and photographed in that way.



As I posted here, it's just the ugliest thing up close, and it was fairly painful to work on....













But, in this setting it is simply lovely to look at....  
:)


I free motion quilted Angela Walters' "chrysanthemum" design all over the quilt.  I can't say that I was happy with the results, but the busyness of the quilt hides a multitude of imperfections and the large size gave me a ample opportunity to practice.

You can find the link to Bonnie Hunter's Scrappy Trip Around the World tutorial here.





No comments:

Post a Comment