Saturday, November 5, 2016

Labels at Last!



I should have tackled this a long time ago!!  



I've been wanted to get labels made for stitching into the quilts I stitch for customers (primarily t-shirt quilts), but I had been holding off, waiting until I came up with a business logo.  Well, that's been more than several years now, and I'm no further along on that process than I was when I started.  I'm just stumped on how to arrive at a logo!  But, that's another story....



Anyway, I was finishing up two T-shirt quilts for a customer, and finally it dawned on me that I didn't need to have a logo to at least print up a simple label with just the business name.  So, I followed this tutorial, and viola, a perfectly functional quilt label - exactly what I've been needing until I can figure out this business logo thing!



It was easy!

I simply created a Word document, ironed a sheet of 8-1/2 x 11" freezer paper onto some Kona cotton, and fed it through my ink jet printer.  After I cut the labels apart and folded them, I used Fray Check to seal the edges.  I was amazed at how well it worked!  Again, the tutorial walks you through the process step by step.



It's not the permanent solution I've been looking for, but at least it will do for now.  In fact, I went ahead and ordered a few labels with just my business name from this company (I figured they'll be more colorfast than my ink jet printer ink) for some other projects I have in the works!  :)



3 comments:

  1. I just did this for a baby quilt I did this summer. I always like to put a scripture on my labels for babies. Used this method and it worked out great. Will do this from now on

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize you quilted too! It's a great method, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you - I've needed some personal labels for a very long time!

    ReplyDelete