Monday, April 20, 2015

Modern Building Blocks, Block #3



Pure piecing joy....



As I'm moving into the smaller, more intricate blocks, I was concerned that the triangle units might create some issues, as the directions call for traditional piecing and not some of the more popular, more accurate methods of piecing HST's or Flying Geese units.  But, I'm finding that if I take the time to make sure that both my cutting and piecing are accurate, problems are minimal.  After all, many, many women who came before me have pieced similar blocks with traditional methods and produced prize-winning quilts.  I have to admit, it feels good to be able to successfully use their same methods!



1 comment:

  1. You are just cranking them out!!!! Flying geese can be a bit persnickety!

    ReplyDelete