Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Jelly Roll 1600 Quilt



Instead of working on my UFO's, I got distracted and started yet another quilt, totally due to the fact that I went to my quilt guild's all-day sew last month and sat next to Cherry who was making some Jelly Roll 1600 quilts for charity out of a stash of jelly rolls that she had scored for a steal of a deal at a quilt shop that was going out of business a few years ago.

I'm such a snot - I thought I was above using jelly rolls and quilts that take no imagination or sewing skills, but I think I'm now a convert!  (I did avoid purchasing a jelly roll since I had enough WOF scraps from my Seaside Roses quilt, plus a few others to cut the needed 40 2-1/2" strips to stitch the quilt.)  It was so fast and easy!!  

I really like the effect of the diagonal seams when piecing the strips.


I finally gave up adding the applique border on the Seaside Rose quilt, so I decided to stitch the 18 applique hearts that I had already prepared for the border of that quilt onto this quilt.  
(If you look closely in the first picture, you can spot them.)  
Makes me smile.  :)



I used the rest of the leftover patchwork from the Seaside Rose quilt on the back, 





...as well as a few selvages so I could document the fabric line.  I loved that fabric line when I first saw it at the Quilt Odyssey quilt show way back in July of 2006.

Click here for the link to directions for a Jelly Roll 1600 quilt.

I'll post better pictures later when the weather improves and I can nab someone to be my quilt holder.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment