Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Embroidery Love




I stitched these lovely embroidery squares a few years ago.  Aren't they dear?!



 These sweet designs by Rebekah Shucksmith were featured in the June 2011 issue of American Patchwork and Quilting magazine.  I love, love, love embroidery, but as an adult, hadn't come across any designs I liked until I saw these.  I immediately stitched them up, but then didn't know quite what to do with them.  They were intended to be sachets, but I hated to tuck such lovely stitching away in a drawer.



I revisited them today, wondering if I should stitch some more squares and incorporate them into a quilt at some point.  I may just do that, but in the meantime, I thought I'd go ahead and at least turn one of them into a pin cushion.




Some piping and vintage buttons complete the look.




Can't wait to stitch some more - I thoroughly enjoyed ever single moment of working on these.  I felt like a young girl again, stitching away!

No comments:

Post a Comment