Sunday, January 12, 2014

Strips and Squares



I finished stitching this "Strips and Squares" quilt  for Kathy of Stitch by Stitch earlier this week, but couldn't get outside to take pictures until today.  (Can I just say I'm tired of this dreary, dreary weather in Southcentral PA?!)


There was no rain today for a change, but it was still cloudy; so, I decided to haul one of my living room chairs out onto the front stoop where the lighting would hopefully be better than indoors (questionable?!).  


These "Wallflower" fabrics by Allison Harris of Cluck Cluck Sew are so sweet and cheery,


even if it doesn't look that way in the winter light.


I wasn't able to nab anyone to hold this quilt up for me to take a full shot, so I laid it out on the driveway (everything else is soggy at the moment from all the rain and snow we've had lately) and climbed up on a stepladder to snap this picture.

My neighbors already think I'm crazy; these antics probably didn't help matters!

Links to the fabrics and patterns are found in this post.

Can't wait to see Kathy's longarm magic on this one!



1 comment:

  1. I love it! I only wish I could have been one of the neighbors watching you snap that photo up on your ladder....giggling!

    ReplyDelete