Saturday, December 7, 2013

Christmas Quilting


I fell in love with this lovely Christmas quilt after discovering it on Christa Watson's blog Christa Quilts.  I really like Christa's commitment to teaching others that they can indeed machine quilt their beautiful creations on their own domestic machines. 
 
 
The quilting design that she came up with for this quilt is fabulous, and I can't wait to get started on one of my own.
 
So, today I went shopping in pursuit of the perfect shades of Kona solids for my own version.
 
 
I printed off a picture of the same color inspiration that Christa used for her own rendition.  I felt like I needed to have it in front of me as I selected my shades - it's always trickier to come up with color combos than you think it will be (at least that's always the case for me!).
 
 
Here are the shades I came up with.  You can see the names of the colors on the bolt ends in the photos below:
 







The "sable" is for the tree trunks.
 
 
I think I have everything I need to get started now, including the "Tri-Recs" ruler set that I had purchased a number of years ago for another project (that never happened!).  I just need to prewash my fabrics, and then I'm good to go.
 
Hope you find some time for a little Christmas stitching too!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out :-) Your colors are going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank YOU for the inspiration AND the wonderful tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the names they come up with for these incredibly solids! I want them ALL!

    ReplyDelete