Wednesday, December 18, 2013

J. Wecker Frisch Fabric

 
 
I was preshrinking a few more fabrics today in preparation for some T-shirt quilts I need to work on, so I went ahead and prewashed the rest of my low volume fabrics.

 
I had picked up this fabric last month at one of the larger quilt shops in the area, both for my low volume collection as well as use as a background fabric in this Jen Kingswell quilt that I'm itchy to make.  It wasn't until I was ironing it that I realized just how captivating the print is.  Here are some more shots of the fabric:
 
 


 

 
 
I was so intrigued with J. Wecker Frisch's artwork on this print that I looked up her blog and read a bit about her.  Cool stuff from a very inspiring artist!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Andrea - How nice of you to write to me and share this post. You have a keen eye. You would be surprised how many people never notice the scripture phrases that were thoughtfully tucked in my lines here and there. I spent much time contemplating the selected passages, which to add and where they could enhance the cool vintage imagery. It's very nice to hear from sensitive observers, thank you Andrea.

    ReplyDelete