Saturday, December 7, 2013

Low Volume Love



 

 

 
 
 
Love, love, love my growing collection of low-volume fabrics!  I picked up few more selections today when I was out shopping for the Kona solids for my Christmas Tree quilt.
 
I was first introduced to the idea of using strictly low-volume fabrics in a quilt after discovering the book Sunday Morning Quilts by Amanda Jean Nyberg and Cheryl Arkison.  Then, Kristyne Czepuryk posted pictures of her lovely creation on her oh-so-sweet blog Pretty by Hand.   But, Rita Hodge of Red Pepper Quilts made the very simple but adorable "Low Volume Scrappy Strip" quilt that stole my heart.  I love her selection of fabrics - low volume with a bit of sparkle of color here and there.  So, that's the look I'm aiming for as I continue collecting fabrics.
 
 
(I had purchased this collection of "Low Volume Scrappy 16th's" from Pink Castle Fabrics when I first started my collection, but I soon realized that I much prefer the look of low volume with some color added here and there.  They'll work nicely as filler fabrics, but I still need to collect some more fabrics with a bit of color.)
 
I'll keep you posted on my progress!
 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so loving the low volume quilts these days. And I agree - you need that little bit of color here & there. Love your collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to learn to sew this yo yo coverlet. I made one baby bunting quilt as a shower gift.

    ReplyDelete